Mix Prints || Dots & Stripes
Mixing prints is definitely one of those things that many people shy away from. Here are a few helpful tips when thinking about mixing prints!
1) Try mixing fluid/organic prints with more structured prints. (Ex. watercolor/florals mixed with stripes/checks)
2) Mix a bold colorful print with minimal smaller prints (it helps if you pick one color from the bold print to focus on in the more delicate/minimal print)
3) Treat stripes as a neutral ! (Also works with leopard if your feeling sassy.)
4) You can mix prints in the same family (florals, gingham etc.) just make sure they are different size scales. (ex: A large checkered print with a much smaller one) They can be the same color family or different.
5) When in doubt go monochrome! Mixing prints in the same color family will give you an overall uniform look.
— OUTFIT —